View Single Post
Old 2009-03-29, 03:29   Link #463
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

For a little discussion on the last scenes, note how it mirrors the scenes from the beginning of the series. I guess the animation staff decided to use this stylistic ending to invite some comparison and contrast:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I like how the ending mirrors the beginning of this anime (with some differences). The first scene of the first episode shows a pair of Tree Sparrows. Ryuuji is swept off his feet when he first met Taiga, thanks to her uppercut. They meet again in a messy classroom where Taiga botches a love confession and clumsily hides in a locker. In the last episode, Ryuuji sees Taiga after a year in the same, but now orderly classroom. She hides, perhaps planned this time, in a locker, but easily found by him. A love confession is said effortlessly. Next comes Taiga's headbutt. And the last scene in the anime shows a pair of Tree Sparrows.
Also, I think Taiga being embarrassed should be tied up to the scene in ep 24 where they were arguing by the river on who should be the first to confess. Turns out Ryuuji gets to do it first, so I think aside from being embarrassed, she's also mildly irritated that he has pulled a fast one on her again.

But then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Like I said, if I got the ending I expected, I think it could of been the best episode of the series.
I see the problem boils down to personal expectations. I guess there's no need to argue further.