View Single Post
Old 2006-01-12, 15:24   Link #74
MeggieMay

Well I've not seen this show but after reading the thread I think I can understand where Mr. Paper is coming from. It sounds to me like Mr Paper just doesn't buy into the plot twist and sees the situation as one where the lead female is using the lead male (who's now a female) and the lead male/female is accepting it because they don't mind being walked over as long as the person they are in love with loves them back.

Seeing that this plot twist is one of the main cornerstones to how this series works, if you don't buy into the ideas being presented here you aren't going to enjoy this show. So Mr Paper jumping ship at this point is probably a good move for him. [BTW, this plot twist sounds to me like the manga writer used a very odd and convulted excuse to justify their lead females lesbianism. Why the manga writer felt they needed to justify it at all seems to make me wonder if the writer realized the fuitility of a hetrosexual male winning over a lesbian female and worked up this idea as a way to get around reality issues that were getting in the way of their Yuri sexual fantasies ]

That said, just because Mr. Paper generally posts in the Gundam Forum doesn't mean he's been guided wrong to check this show out. I also post mainly in the Gundam forum but I thought the series sounded interesting enought read up more on it. Also, seeing how this show is very Yuri, Mr Paper might actually enjoy it on that level more than I would, seeing I'm a female who usually isn't that interested in Yuri to begin with .

Anyway, at this point I'm not sure I want to check this show out or not. However, I may keep reading up on it to see how it progresses and check on the show later if it seems to be progressing well (and at least it doesn't sound like a totally uninteresting plot).
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote