View Single Post
Old 2006-08-06, 15:11   Link #1479
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Another thought, vis a vis an American television airing:

The more I think about it, the more I get convinced this series is almost custom-made for the Adult Swim programming bloc on Cartoon Network. They air unedited anime at a timeslot aimed for mostly college students and the like (didn't Haruhi air at like midnight in Japan?) Additionally, a lot of their non-anime programming tends to be really oddball humor (like Harvey Birdman, Attourney at Law; Aqua Teen Hunger Force; things like that) and since Haruhi is practically Monty Python humor in drawings, it'd be a perfect fit. The best part is, the network puts these little joke text messages before each show, and often custom edits them just for that show, so they could easily do something like "And now for something completely different. If you think this show sucks... for the love of Haruhi, watch the next episode next week." (Alternately, they could make Haruhi's debut an hour-long affair and show Koi no Mikuru Densetsu and Yuutsu I back to back and tell people to stick around for the second episode.)

Adult Swim prides itself on being the haven of the odd, and I would not be surprised to see Haruhi air on it. It'd be a perfect fit.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote