View Single Post
Old 2006-02-11, 18:02   Link #49
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
I think people get fustrated with him because he continues to spue out some rightaeous intentions yet never truely does anything to make them into reality.
On the contrary, he does plenty. It's just that right now he doesn't have the power to back up his ideals. He tries to make his goals a reality but he ultimately fails in every aspect. Is failure suddenly such a horrendous thing?

Quote:
Yet he does nothing and put himself in needlessly dangerous situations where he gets poned and waits for some miracleous thing to happen in order to save him.
Except he doesn't expect that he'll be saved. He puts himself on the line to protect those he cares about. He had no idea that he'd heal after Berserker, nor did he know he could have healed after Rider. He actually was smart in that fight by not summoning Saber. Had he, and Rider would have really killed him on the spot.

Quote:
The thing he's missing is intellegence and drive.
He most certainly has drive, else he would not have protected Saber nor took the initiative in going out to fight Rider. And for intelligence, again I point to the Rider fight. It just so happens that sacrificing one's self for the needs of others isn't viewed as intelligent by people. Which is true, it really isn't. But it's most certainly an honorable quality and finding fault with that is kind of weird.

Yes, Shirou's ideology has faults. It isn't suppose to be perfect, as Archer and Kiritsugu both point out how being a "Hero of Justice" is impossible. But Shirou's still very much a person that believes that ALL people can be saved without the expense of others. A very childish belief. But I suppose you can view Fate/stay night as a "coming of age" story for Shirou (some arcs more so then others).
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote