View Single Post
Old 2010-03-15, 09:54   Link #6099
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Well, I can't help but agree to think your way, Mentar. They'll probably part ways. Though her expression on the last page looks really down, and her decision was really abrupt, Hayate... like you said.... is...

A moron.

Again, a recap of events in 264:

1. Hayate tells her that his brother is ok.
2. She's relieved to hear that.
3. Clock strikes midnight, and he remembers that he has to go back to Nagi.
4. She asks him about his relationship with Nagi.
5. He somewhat happily replies.
6. She sees the carefree / happy expression on his face.
7. He tells her that he has to go back.
8. She immediately connects the dots, and wants to stop him from leaving her.

And now the fun part...

She yells, "Hayate!", grabs him, but then she rethinks things over. She doesn't want to take his happiness away, she's still blaming herself that that's the only thing she ever does...

And so, she "quietly" tells him that they'll part ways.

I'll repeat this since it's fun to do so. Hayate must be a total imbecile not to understand the situation, not to at least guess why she's acting this way.

If he'd look her directly in the eyes and ask her if she really wants to do that, she'd probably break down. But he won't do that. Oh, no, no, no....

Right now, I believe that he'll go with the "promise" thing.

Like, he'll say...

"I just have to check up on Nagi, and I'll be right back. There's still something I have to tell you, so please wait for me."

YEAH, RIGHT!! She's not gonna wait!!

It's the typical ending where the girl leaves thinking it's best that way, and the innocent hero comes back searching for her only to find a note saying: "Dear Hayate, we've.. bla bla bla.... insert emo stuff here"

If you're not gonna stay with her, at least properly break up! Hata, decide already, dammit!

The only other path I see that's possible is something related to the ring, the Cinderella parody, his confession, etc... but they still won't end up together. Again, it ends with a "promise" to meet some other time. Perhaps after he's fulfilled his obligations to Nagi..?

*sigh*

Yeah, in short, no matter if he confesses or not, all I can see is it ending with a "promise" to meet again, or some other thing...

Promises, promises, promises.. dammit....

It's like he has to conclude his relationships with all the other characters before he can find true love. I don't see why Athena can't just join the others, and take part in the every day events, one way or another (make friends, cause misunderstandings, you know..). She'd be a fun addition, even though her relationship with Hayate would have to be placed on hold for things to work out that way (or is there a different solution?).

Ah, whatever....