View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 05:00   Link #28848
Saorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
Also on the topic of contradictions, I have been rewatching Ep 1. Almost everyone agrees that Shkannon is the culprit in the forgeries (prime is more contentious), and that she intended to kill people. I am also aware of people who play the "Her murder mystery was hijacked" card. Putting aside the fact Nanjo is a sucky doctor who should have been quicker on the uptake, and any time Kinzo appeared as first twilight victim Krauss or Natsuhi should have known something was up, there is a problem.

Beatrice's letter states that she will give everything back if the epitaph is solved, however since forgery beatrice intends to kill people she can't. She isn't supposed to break promises...

Also, does anyone actually have any ideas why Eva shot Battler (or at Battler) in ep 3?
I think that letter would actually make sense if we assume it was only supposed to be a murder mystery. The victims wouldn't really have been dead and they could have "revived" when the epitaph was solved. But going with the "it was hijacked" theory, I've barely read any plausible assumptions regarding the hijacker. People arguing for this theory don't really seem to care about WHO the hijacker actually IS. I get the impression it's often just put to the side.

Going from the impression I got from Eva, protecting her "close" family, e.g. Hideyoshi and George, has always top priority for her. I think that theoretically George culprit theories (in whatever form) at least tie in nicely with Eva covering up the whole thing (I'm not so convinced she did it for Ange's sake in the end) and maybe also with her killing Battler in case he had found out George was somehow involved in killing people?

Of course these are only my wild guesses as always. =D George as (some kind of) culprit just sits so fine with me. xD