Thread: Crunchyroll Yumeiro Pâtissière
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-14, 15:53   Link #1
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Yumeiro Pâtissière

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The shoujo manga Yumeiro Pâtissière by Matsumoto Natsumi will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

The anime will start broadcast in October 2009.

==========

夢色パティシエール
Yumeiro Pâtissière (Yume-Iro Pâtissière)

The manga is serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Ribon.
Currently there are 2 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Mangaka: Matsumoto Natsumi

Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

Anime official website: http://pierrot.jp/title/yumeiro/

==========

Source: MoonPhase
I'm extremely surprised this got an anime adaption. Firstly, out of the current manga that is running on Ribon, I would have guessed Sakura Hime Kaiden would have got an anime adaption then any other manga on it. Arina Tanemura has an army of fangirls, she releases the most special edition and artbooks on Ribon. She has two series already animated and is quite popular with the target audience. I'm sure they can easily tone down Sakura Hime Kaiden to suit morning TV. Or even Momo by Mayu Sakai.

For a shoujo cooking manga, Kitchen Princess would have been a good choice. I've read manga by Matsumoto Natsumi, they're pretty medicore. It's not bad, but they always been typical shoujo. Her artwork is nothing amazing either. I would like to say I've read the first chapter in japanese raw, so maybe she finally did a one hit wonder?

The manga sales for this doesn't seem to be high. I never seen it on the manga charts ever. At least I seen Sakura hime Kaiden on the charts, and I think I saw Mayu Sakai's Rockin heaven too. I don't see who chosen to make this anime.

With some weird guesses, I'm thinking it's Satelite's Shugo Chara team. But then they only ever did Nakayoshi manga, like shugo Chara and Kamichama karin. Studio Deen done FMwS, and I heard it was quite successful even with the almost non-existant budget. Toei could just pull some people from the Pretty Cure team. Hal Film Makers/Yumeta could be making it, they done quite a bit of shoujo too.

As long as it's not that aiming to be the best school council presidant level of QUALITY, then I'm happy.
I'll definately take a look at this, but I'm still questioning why did this get an anime adaption, when there are certainly better grade-school-shoujo-manga out there.

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2009-08-05 at 09:07.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote