Thread: Licensed Trigun: Badlands Rumble
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 21:29   Link #32
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
I had the pleasure at being at the EU premier of this movie at the Glasgow Film Theatre in October, where the director and producer of the series/movie were also in attendance. There was a question and answer session after the movie, someone in the audience asked of Satoshi-kun had ever considered making a Trigun reboot closer to the feeling of the original and he responded through human translator as saying that if there were enough fan movement for it in the west then he would definitely consider it.

So yeah.
Is it just me, or are we seeing more and more of this type of statement now? In both the anime and videogame industries, it's looking like the West is gaining more and more influence. If only we could get Japanese studios to look to American creators for original ideas... but yeah.

The movie was great! Vash was as adorable as always (he manages to be self-sacrificing and heroic without being annoying, which is rare in anime!), and I really liked Amelia's character as well. The idea of a woman being literally allergic to men and breaking out into a rash when touched is hilarious, and Vash was totally unsympathetic towards her ailment!

Go Go Sequel!
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote