View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 15:50   Link #2031
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok let's all have a refresher course of what's acceptable in the forum...

1.2 Do not insult or harass other members
Insults, harassment, flaming, trolling, baiting or other similar abusive behaviour towards other members of The Forum will not be tolerated. This includes the use of "retort images". Images used to convey a "come back" message (i.e. to "retort") are forbidden in all areas of The Forum, they are often offensive and only serve to ignite flame wars.

2.8 Avoid flammable and cyclic topics
Please be aware that political and religious discussions often cause very heated debates with little give or take on either side. They normally start out interesting and sensible but degrade rapidly. This produces the same arguments repeatedly for pages and induces many members to start "flaming" each other. Such topics will most likely be closed unless care is taken to keep the thread both interesting and polite. Similar discussions, concerning the illegality of fansubs and licensing debates, may also be treated in this way.

I believe this thread hit that mark today which is why it was closed while the cleaning crew went through it. For now the thread will remain closed, I'll probably open it sometime tomorrow. If when reopened the rules can't be followed the thread might be closed for longer/forever.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote