View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 08:31   Link #16
Ero-Senn1n

Kishimoto kills named characters only when there's a good reason, not randomly in the war, for that he kills only noname people.

The important advancement in the story is that now we know what is blocking both Madara and Obito to proceed as they wanted, it's inevitable that they end up in a conflict, lucky for the alliance and Naruto. If i understood correctly for Madara to succeed he needs Obito to sacrifice his life in exchange for Madara's life, so Madara can become the host of the 10-tails. For Obito to succeed he needs Madara not to use his meteor jutsu or simply the 10-tails' chakra ball on themselves. It seems the idea of Obito trying to make of Naruto a next himself by killing everyone might be true, but in the end if he can't break Naruto he will finally betray Madara. I like this idea not only because it's epic and because this way every named character can be killed, but also because of what Naruto said in the past: he promised Nagato that he will be able to bear all the tragedy and sadness of losing his friends and despite that he will not lose his will whatever happens. So Kishimoto should show us that it wasn't just bullshit and put Naruto to the big test of his life. Maybe at the end of the test Obito will even ask Naruto to choose what he wants: end the world or save it, and this was also in the prophecy of the great elder frog, that the savior will have to choose between ending the world or saving it. Then Naruto will temporarily gain the ability of the rinnegan to revive all who died here (including Neji), either because incomplete Obito's 10-tails has a bit of chakra left to do it or because Naruto will be able to use all the chakra that the tailed beasts have given him when they met. The other possibility is too repetitive for my taste: Obito redeems himself by using his rinnegan to revive everybody, just like Nagato did.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote