View Single Post
Old 2007-02-24, 04:21   Link #60
GrAYFoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I do not think he ever intended to give up his body to Orochimaru. He knew both Orochimaru and Kabuto were there when he said that to Naruto & Co. And given that time's running out for Orochimaru, it seems logical for Sasuke to eliminate him before having his body taken over, and find power in some other way. Especially since it seems he had nothing else to learn from Orochimaru... weird as though it may seem...

On another note, obviously Sasuke won't be taken over, Kishimoto has been building the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke the entire series, this manga revolves around the two of them.

Agreed here. From this latest chapter it's clear Sasuke's words were meant for team 7 and maybe Oro (probably lurking in the background). He has to kill Oro, for hell never let him go and chase him till the end of his life. I believe Oro can't teach him anything else as its clear the ninjas in this series develop individually; apart from a few moves learnt from their mentors (rasengan etc) and so Sasuke shouldn't be expected to produce all or Oros techniques (like edo tensai) as he has his own.

That chakra blade was definately the chidori with a more advanced shape manipulation. This is indicated by the graphic around Sasuke's hand (shown when using the chidori) and by Oro not recognizing the move (Sasuke witheld his ability to change the chidori's shape even further than the creator Kakashi). I truly believe Sasuke's lightning manipulation has far exceeded that of Kakashi.

Lastly, if Oro goes out this way I'll be a jaded individual. Oro has so much more to offer the series, and I think it should be Naruto to take him out (personal choice).

I think he will survive and take Kabuto's body instead after some interference from lets say.... Akatsuki

Last edited by GrAYFoX; 2007-02-24 at 04:34. Reason: Spelling
GrAYFoX is offline   Reply With Quote