View Single Post
Old 2012-02-11, 21:38   Link #54
Kirarakim

I don't want to get in an argument over someone's opinion because an opinion cannot be wrong or right. Of course It's the whole a series is "overrated" because I personally don't like it.

However everyone has a right to think FMA is not as good as fans claim. I however do personally think it is one of the best series ever made. And yes that is a very personal statement as the series means a lot to me. It's more the manga for me than Brotherhood as I was a fan of the manga long before Brotherhood came about. I am extremely happy Brotherhood exists though to introduce more people to the manga storyline.

I followed many many long ongoing series (not just manga/anime wise but also TV series & book wise) and I was always let down in the past. FMA is the one series that never let me down, right to the end I was in love. Does that make me a fangirl? Of course yes it does. But it's not because I have not seen or read enough other series.

I had a large sampling of fiction from anime to manga to literature to critically acclaimed film even starting from the silent era. I love fiction but yes FMA is special to me. That doesn't mean I am going to tell people they are wrong for not thinking it is the best series for them if it is for me because that is a largely personal statement & everyone has their own personal reasons for loving a piece of fiction and no one should tell them they are wrong or they haven't sampled enough other series. It also doesn't mean because I love FMA I don't have strong affection for other pieces of fiction. But my love for FMA is just in its own special place.

And because this is getting long this is something I wrote back on October 3rd 2011 about some of my feelings for the series. Again it pertains more to the manga but since Brotherhood follows the same storyline I hope it alright to post it here:

Spoiler for Ending Spoilers:

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-02-11 at 21:54.