View Single Post
Old 2011-10-26, 11:56   Link #1190
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I know for a fact that over on Chihayafuru's series thread, you were one of the people defending Taichi a great deal, basically saying "give the guy a chance". Well, fair enough, I'm giving him a chance.

All I'm saying here is give the characters in this show a chance too. And really, I don't get a sense that this is happening with a lot of people here.

I know for a fact that Kirarakim has defended Shouma on the Penguin Drum series subforum, basically with the defense of "Ikuhara has big plans for him, you'll see". Well, Ok, fine.

I'd say that the people behind Guilty Crown have big plans for Shu as well. Plans that may impact how his character ultimately comes off.

I think that is unfair Triple R. You are right I defended both Shouma & Taichi's characterization (without going into detail because this is not the Penguindrum or Chihayafuru thread) because unlike Shu I actually think they are well written characters.

Now if you go through this thread I said Shu is the type of character that has the potential to grow. However he is far less compelling character to me than both Taichi & Shouma. So I don't understand why I should bother defending Shu.

The people who should defend Shu are the ones who do think he is a compelling character not me. Now I will go on defending the characters that I find compelling.