View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 01:58   Link #992
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
We'd have to see the terms of the peace treaties. For all we know the terms and conditions are unacceptable to the Veigans. If things are so bad in their homeland, those treaties call for them to stay there and keep dying, then they can't and will never accept them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Some of the treaties in the 25 year timeskip could also have been reasonable (allowing them to return to earth) but were still rejected by Sir Ezelcant. The Vegans seems to be focused on occupying earth, all while exacting their brand of justice on the EFF citizens. Negotiations had already failed at this point of the story, with both sides gearing up for their respective invasion plans; Zeheart's Day of Return and Flit's hinted operation to stop the Vegan attacks.

Honestly, while I think both sides will probably have unrealistic demands for the other and make such a treaty unfeasible, I think the Veigan's are more unlikely to accept a decent treaty than the EF if one does appear. The EF are hardly saints but relatively speaking there hasn't been much extremism in the way they act so far in the present times (except maybe Flit and his wipe Veigan from the universe opinion of course), probably because unlike the Veigans, they're living in better conditions even during the current war and probably don't have all that bent up anger over the years.

I find unlikely the EF are going to offer them to return to Earth though. The Earth population will likely be against such a move by having the "murderous" Veigans coming back into their soil where there might create trouble (the usual elements of racism and the such, with the race I'm referring to being faction-wise in this context). When you've been separated for a long time, sometimes there's going to be a sense of alienation the people of Earth will feel for the Martians.

I also have a feeling that its more than just survival here. The Veigans I think are also out for vengence for what the EF did to them, they really want to get back at them while winning a decisive victory and overthrow the EF. Not that I blame them for feeling that way.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-03-02 at 02:16.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote