View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 01:27   Link #69
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I don't think that's the case, he doesn't want anyone to suffer particularly, he simply doesn't care because he believes everything he doesn't like will unhappen once he's successful.
I think that this sums up how I feel about Obito/Tobi’s motives. I can honestly see him tell Kakashi in dialogue, “Why protect the nine tales? In my dream world he’ll live again, only happier with two parents.” Or some bull.

If Rin were even the slightly developed character maybe this could work. I think in total she had maybe ten dialogue bubbles throughout the entire series. There’s nothing negative about her (except the possible reason why Kakashi had to kill her, but that’s still just a theory). She’s a shell of a character with the traits guys like in girls. She’s nice, caring, nurturing and doesn’t talk that much.

Of course Obito would think he loved her, he hasn’t got to know the real Rin; the Rin that likes to relax on the coach and fart having no fear that she will be judge by her supposed ‘true love’; the Rin that just didn’t give a damn that day and does absolutely nothing—which includes cooking, cleaning and giving a damn for others (this extends to supposed ‘true love’ and leaving them to fend for themselves that day); the Rin that would snap at the drop of the hat because she’s in ‘one of her moods’. No, all Obito knows is Rin the girl he’s left on a pedestal so long that there’s more than a thick layer of dust burden on her shoulders. So even if he got into his dream world, it wouldn’t be the real Rin, just the Rin he thought he had loved. But that is what a crush is, is it not? Or is this more obsession territory?