View Single Post
Old 2011-01-23, 10:09   Link #68
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Why do you think Kyuubey wasn't already looking for her. In my "scenario", the game itself is a quest to find the girl with this special power as well as a means to get it.

Think of it this way. You have this (evil) Morpheo, who is looking for "the one". He sets this demonic game where people with potential to be the one fight monsters or each other. After many years, and many failed candidates, he finally finds it. The one girl who possess the power he's looking for.

So, it wouldn't be that he didn't seek her out right away; he always have been looking for her. It just took this long to find her.

But like I said, just food for thought.
The only problem with that is that Kyubey would have no need for other magical girls, except one to convince her to join the game. He would only have called out to Madoka, not Sayaka as well. It wouldn't have been strange to Madoka if she were the only one choosen but Sayaka was choosen as well, meaning she has a role to play in this too. And it wouldn't explain why the other girls he trained were alive: if we're going to assume that Homura was trained by Kyubey (which has been strongly hinted at), why is she still kicking instead of rotting in some witch's layer?

Speaking of deaths in witch's layers, what ever happened to Mami's body? It didn't appear when the layer collapsed which is what confuses me. Mami isn't part of the witch, she's a human girl now. I just can't help but wonder what happened to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Just food for thought:

- Gem becomes dim with time/usage?
- Grief Seed is needed to clean up gem.
- When last witch would be exterminated... yeah, right, no more grief seeds.
- Which means gems WILL become dark.

And as things go most likely result of gem becoming dark... can this game really end?
I've said earlier, I think the soul gem does become tained with usage and the grief seeds are used to cleanse it. The girls would be forced to kill witches to cleanse their gems least they become witches themselves. The witches would be magical girls who didn't cleanse their gems or become too tained to use anymore. Since there are probably tons of magical girls in the world (and negative emotions) witches will probably never run out although they may be far and few between. I think cleansing your gem depends on how powerful you are: if you can't defeat the witch you either need to run away or die.

The game can't end because there will always be magical girls created by contractors and witches created from magical girls. I'm just puzzled on what the goal of this game is. My mind won't stretch that far XD