View Single Post
Old 2013-01-22, 16:59   Link #94
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Of course it does. Ivankov's hormone injections kept him going beyond his limits, so him being on death's door is a moot point. Luffy was outclassed in the war and he knew that going in. Alongside the admirals and shichibukai, Ivankov also specifically mentioned the VAs as powerful adversaries to warn Luffy of the impending danger to come. Circumstances aside, Luffy got owned.
Of course it doesn't. How can anyone that just went through a near death experience and fighting on performance boosting hormones ever be compared to someone that is in tip top shape? He was also clearly focused on one thing; stopping ace's execution (he gave up 20years of his lifespan for that end). I find it highly unlikely that anyone in that situation would focus on the subsequent fights. Luffy also proved he wasn't into the fight by constantly running away and shouting Ace.
So no I can't see this as proof of current Luffy being on mid/high VA level, I think he surpassed them ever since the time skip.

Btw I'm not saying any of the VA's are weak. They might proof just as much a challenge as Lucci, or more so. But no I don't believe any 1 of them can or could ever steamroll Luffy.

It could be though that the VA's are a lot tougher then I give them credit for but I just haven't seen the proof yet.
And no Vergo and Smoker don't really count. Smoker never wanted a promotion before meeting Luffy and Vergo is the right hand man of 1 of the most powerful shichibukai, both are also introduced post time skip as VA's.