View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 10:02   Link #99
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
You mean Luffy taking out 2 Shichibukai is something anyone could do? Granted the croc fight was a plot armor fight but he still beat him. And you are still forgetting Rob Lucci, even the VA's respected him yet Luffy beat him. I'm not saying the VA's can't beat him, I'm saying Luffy was already close to VA strength. Ofcourse we don't know for sure how strong they are, but that also means we don't know if all of them could beat Luffy. There's just no evidence to support your claim. And again we have no clue as to how strong a VA is compared to a Pacifista. If a VA is capable of defeating a pacifista in 1 blow just like Luffy then I wonder why none of the VA's could stop Luffy in the Marineford arc. Their strength is unproven until we see them actually fight.

I don't count Vergo and Smoker because 1 has said to chase Luffy to the end of the Grandline and the other is a right hand man of 1 of the strongest Shichibukai, they don't follow the normal VA pattern.

And Haki has been a mess ever since it was introduced. Ace never knew Haki and it only proved disastrous against Blackbeard and Akainu, arguably 2 top 10 fighters. Yet he was still seen blowing away marine ships.
Luffy's victories over Croc and Moria were heavily circumstantial and filled with plot armor. Their not indicative of Luffy being superior to Croc and Moria pre-skip. I knew you were going to bring up Lucci. And while he was respected and acknowledged by the VAs, that's it. Even Kuma gave him praise when he was surprised to learn of Lucci's defeat. But Lucci simply isn't on the level of these guys. VA rank is a promotion away from admiral status. Just think about that. These guys are veterans and have been around since the days of Roger's era. They have tons of battle experience and are second only to the admirals. And as mentioned already, there are very few VAs in the entire marines force (16 total), which means that it's a rank indicative of exceptional quality and caliber.

Luffy survived the war due to plot armor. You know that, so don't base your strength assessments of the VAs on that arc. Mihawk and the admirals didn't kill Luffy either, even though it would be a piece of cake to do that for them.

Again, the only real outlier in the VAs is/was Garp because he's admiral level.

Ace was a high tier, and Luffy was much weaker than him pre-skip.