View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 18:55   Link #27295
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
God forbid Erika attempt to play a game using the rules that were told to her by a higher authority. A higher authority who, according to your claims, was lying to her apparently for no good reason but to tease her and make her suffer.

I hate to feel sorry for Erika, but damn... you seriously do not care at all about her, do you?
When I started reading Agatha Christie's mysteries the first thing I learn was 'Trust No One'.
If the story is being narrated by someone HE CAN BE THE CULPRIT, if there's policemen around ONE OF THEM CAN BE THE CULPRIT, if someone is declared as dead, HE MIGHT BE FAKING AND BE THE CULPRIT, if more than one witnessers are saying something THEY MIGHT BE LYING AND BE THE CULPRIT, having Poirot or miss Marple as witnessers of someone's alibi DOESN'T MEAN HE TRICKED THEM AND CAN'T BE THE CULPRIT, even a person who has no ties with the victim and who doesn't even know him/her CAN BE THE CULPRIT.

And also:

EVERYBODY LIES, DETECTIVE INCLUDED AND EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT THE CULPRIT (though the detective usually is kind enough to let the reader know he was lying to trick someone).

So... any particular reason why Lambda should be considered trustworthy by Erika who's a mystery expert?
Any particular reason Bern should be considered trustworthy when she's always there, threatening her and aiming solely at her own amusement that can come also in form of Erika being punished/in troubles?

Erika probably knew they weren't trustworthy. However, like in any mystery she had to choose in what to believe.
Shannon and Kanon being there when she couldn't check if they really were but was given a red truth that seemed to confirm it, might have seemed something not worth doubting about it.
After all the ShKannon theory, despite being the obvious truth, seems absurd first sight.

Same as the cousins and Rosa not being dead when Battler screamed.

Erika chose to believe what was being told to her, that Shannon and Kumasawa were behin her because 'everybody is there and, although she can's see Shannon and Kumasawa they must be there'.

It's not a stupid reasoning considering figuring out someone had been playing for 2/3 years 2 different identities, while being covered by everyone or not being discovered is much harder to swallow.

That of course, unless they were lying and Kanon only existed during the school festival and in those two days of Rokkenjima... which would still be weird as it was implied while Kanon was around the Ushiromiya had other servants who were not on the island that day and were probably questioned about Kanon.

If they had told 'Kanon? Never heard of him,' he would have been rather suspicious... and I guess Witch Hunters would also like him as he would litterally be the boy that came out of nowhere...

So I think even if Erika's prospective was reliable she was somehow tricked into believing that, in a moment in which she couldn't check who was around her, Kanon and Shannon were both present.

Her situation isn't more pitiable that Battler, who was tricked into believing that Shannon was death by Hideyoshi in EP 1.

They both should have checked and they didn't. They both had a good reason not to do it. And the gamemaster took advantage of it.

However forgive me but I don't think I remember your explanation for how Shannon and Kanon could be in the same room with Erika. Would you mind sharing it again?
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote