View Single Post
Old 2010-10-05, 13:52   Link #106
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Watched the first episode. "It's not too bad" is all the praise I can muster for this show as of episode 1. To be honest, I've yet to see a detective/mystery show I've liked where the word "Shinrei aka Psychic" is associated somewhere in the title. The different eye color to signify the main character's special traits adds to the dampener. The first ten minutes were still enjoyable. Unfortunately, the exposition of the mystery took a back seat to flesh out how awesome this dude with different eye color is. I feel we could have used a bit more concentration on the mystery itself so things like the motif behind why this guy was killing these girls could have come to picture.

I also think the fans of this show who are excited to see the anime adaptation lucked out when Bee Train became the Animation Production Company. They have couple of good series under their belt, but most of their productions ranges from average to below average in terms of their ability to bring a story in the animated format.

Anyway, it is still too early to make a valid impression about this show, so I'll certainly watch a few more episodes.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote