View Single Post
Old 2014-11-23, 12:52   Link #1093
GodTurtleOm

I know we've been told that the difference in Levels is an absolute difference in Status, but we don't really have any detail to how that works, or whether that still completely applies to Bell since he has surpassed the normal limits with his SS and SSS rankings in individual statuses. I think we can be at least sure that it means he's stronger than most Level 2s as a Level 2, and will be stronger than most Level 3s as a Level 3. I'd like to know for sure if Bell at the end of Level 2 progression is stronger than a newly advanced Level 3, but who knows if we'll get that. Regardless, the difference in skill (and Luck) is probably the deciding factor at that point.

I think the absolute difference in power might apply to Magic as well, which is strange, because I don't think it's even necessary to advance that all the way to D in order to Level Up, unlike the other 4 base Stats.

Here's my various theories for the mechanism to represent stat upon leveling from 1 to 2. Keep in mind that the stats need to be in at least the 500 range to Level Up and that 999 was considered the maximum before Bell came along
1. All stats are doubled, to the minimum of 1000 (in the case of undeveloped Magic this is absolutely necessary)
2. Same as 1, but the higher the stat, the higher the multiplier, seems a bit redundant.
3. All stats get ~500 points added to them, again, special exception for Magic below D.

Where things really get confusing is how to treat points in stats gained after leveling, Are they twice as potent as the last Level? More? Less? Should each point Ottar gains as a Level 7 be equal to 64(2^6) points gained by a level 1, even before considering his accumulated, now hidden stats?
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote