View Single Post
Old 2008-04-21, 18:40   Link #198
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I found that pretty amusing as well. Talk about metaphors. That show takes ecchi to the next level!
The MPAA calls it "sexual innuendo", though they usually drop the secksual because kids aren't allowed to know the word "sex".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
"What a letdown, Kurosaki-san. A real letdown. After all, there's nothing but fear reflected in your sword. When you dodge, 'I'm afraid of getting cut.' When you attack, 'I'm afraid of cutting someone.' Even when you try to protect someone, 'I'm afraid of letting them die.' Yes, your sword speaks to me only of absurd fear. That's not it. What's necessary in a fight isn't fear. Nothing can be born from that. If you dodge, 'I won't let them cut me.' If you protect someone, 'I won't let them die.' If you attack, 'I'll cut them.' Well, can't you see the resolve to cut you reflected in my sword?" - Urahara Kisuke (Bleach)

I really liked that scene.
Honestly, that was one of my favourite scenes in Bleach.
The pinnacle of shounen power-up scenes.
Original and cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
It's so poetic and beautiful. I really love this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofumilk View Post
Spoiler for Evangelion, THE END OF EVANGELION:
You just inspired me to move NGE up on my "on-hold for an indeterminate amount of time, and will probably never pick up again, but there's still the slight off-chance I'll find a quote like this and pick it up again" list.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote