View Single Post
Old 2010-01-19, 00:16   Link #1051
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Someone want to explain to me why this series doesn't have an animated adaptation yet?

Gah, I will never understand this industry...
Kami nomi is one helluva manga to adapt into animation.... They must make a choice between a straight-off-the-book adaptation or not.

The first choice would mean adhering EVERYTHING from the manga, and the greatest difficulty of this are:
1) The number of voice actors, and
2) Managing the rate of plot development.

1)
The number of capture targets and main characters, in total, is 17.

Keima
Elsee
Hakua
Tenri / Diana
Ayumi
Chihiro
Kanon
Mio
Shiori
Kusunoki
Jun
Tsukiyo
Minami
Sumire
Nanaka
Yui

Not to forget Miyako Terada (PENDING)

The problem with this is that the captured targets rarely re-appear except for few characters (Ayumi, Chihiro, and Kanon) and hiring a seiyuu per voice wouldn't be cost-effective since there aren't many roles after their arc has finished. The two solutions to this dilemma would be to hire "green/n00b/amateur" voice actors for the less frequent capture targets", compromising the overall quality of each individual character capture arcs, or employing a "professional" multiple-voice actors. There is also a third solution, but I'll get to that later.

2)
If the studio were to animate each character's arc, simply multiply the average # of episodes per capture by the # of capture targets. Yeah, that would seriously hinder the rate of plot development!

The crucial plot development chapters are 1 (Elsee), 22~26(Hakua), 47(Hakua), 57~65 (Tenri's arc), 73~74(Diana).

As you can see, the intervals between each significant plot developments are filled by capture arcs.

To prevent these problems, the alternate choice is to, naturally, cut out characters from the manga and/or insert new characters and/or modify the storyline.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Mio, Minami, and Jun gets the short ends of the straw.

So yeah, because each individual capture targets are treated as the main heroine for that time, it possess serious problems in various sections of the production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
82 is the latest raw, and it's the drummer girl for the b2 pencils.
You mean 2B PENCILS.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote