View Single Post
Old 2008-07-24, 14:30   Link #60
Yeah, plopped probably wasn't the best choice of words, but as you mention yellow fin tuna, I think that while semantically questionable, a plopped bill may connote a kind of innocent disregard. The fisherman who sells his tuna at market doesn't handle it as if it were some kind of treasure; it's a dead fish, and that dead fish equals money.

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all--I had not even considered how that particular line might not exactly work. At the same time though, it makes me think if there is some meaning behind it, even if a rigid plastic rectangle can't plop in a physical sense...crap, I just totally lost my train of thought. Long story short, I was trying to convey even when surrounded by others, we are all desperately alone because we can never know the mind of anyone but our own. So the bill was, at least as I intended it, an assertion of that loneliness where it has one out over the drive, however hopeless, to prove ourselves not to be the only conscience in existence.

Long winded. Sorry. I very much appreciate your thoughts, you can tell because I still haven't stopped typing. You've got a good eye and mind for words, I used to as well, but I went too far and became nothing but a pedant. Hehe. Do you write much yourself, Venus?
Claude_Desravines is offline   Reply With Quote