View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 17:02   Link #74
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah, Hane-chan~, so much to say but too few words to actually get the entire meaning across. :P So if I end a particular aspect/section too early, it's because I wanted to get to the next point before I forget what I wanted to say about it.

On the surface, she was the living embodiment of the "too good to be true" statement. Everyone it seems has nothing but good to say about her - and really, just glancing at the outward, one would be hard-pressed to dislike Hanekawa for anything. In fact, she could be called a saint. But of course, she had a 'perfect' fascade. Turns out she was inherently flawed in that she even thought to put out such a fascade as a coping mechanisim in the first place. While it is admirable that she would act like a 'perfect daughter' and that they would accept her if she did that, she shouldn't have had to do it. Even if she acted like a b*tch even a part of the time, that would be the most normal reaction most teenagers would give, especially to those so-called 'parents' of hers. Just thinking about them makes me want to bash their heads in front of her.

She didn't let herself be who she really was in front of Araragi. With Senjougahara, she knew herself that she was flawed, she told Araragi flat out that she was flawed and that she really had no clue as to what she's doing, but she still took a chance, despite being flawed and having it known. Going over some of the material, I didn't get that with Hanekawa at all. It's as if she only dropped hints now and again to Araragi that things weren't perfect with her, but her fascade was so convincing that Araragi didn't pick up on it at all, nor did anyone else for that matter.

Hnn, I gotta quit here since my niece is trying to mess me up as I type in a bid for attention.... ><....