Thread: Ubuntu Linux
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-16, 11:13   Link #286
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

*slaps forehead* heh he was trying to run his path no wonder it threw up an error message

In the two days before Ubuntu is going to be realeased I thought I'd trash my laptop a few times and test out some other distros.

Poor little thing is only a 1.5GHz Celeron and its main function is to get dirty on the interweb with comms, so security is a must.

OpenSuSE 10.3 - Very happy with it, just missing the OpenChrome drivers, but video goes full screen so it isn't an issue. Can't yet figure out how to compile WASTE p2p, but won't waste time on that until I settle.

Windows XP home - Once I've loaded nod32, Outpost FW, AVG AS and System Safety Monitor it gets slow as a sloth running up a hill. Fire up some apps and its horrible, skype makes everyone sound like R2D2 (yup its so tinny people shound like they are beeping at me). Video conferencing is not possible.

Now it is a race betweeen Madriva 2008 and Fedora 7 to see which downloads first. Not fair race really as F7 is 2 gig , but I should be able to try that on the last day.

*EDIT* How stable is the test version of Fedora please?