View Single Post
Old 2010-06-18, 20:03   Link #2075
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Sure.
But, even granting that my red quote wasn't accurate, I think it doesn't change that much for the matter of this discussion. What I wanted to point out is that we have a red claiming that Battler was a detective. It doesn't matter where or when.

So in other words a red claiming that a certain person is or was a detective, doesn't necessarily brings us to think that person is just a title, because, if it did, then both Battler and Erika would be "just titles".

Then you can argue that in Erika's case it does and Battler's case it doesn't, but why bothering? Theories that Erika is just the tittle affixed to some other character can exist regardless of that "Erika is the detective" red.
So maybe you are claiming that this red works as a hint. So Ryukishi in the end could point out: "hey I gave you that hint!", but imho it wouldn't work that good because of the fact Battler was said to be a detective as well.

To put it in another way.
There is a chance that the ghosterika theory is true, and that "Erika" is just the name of the piece (one of the 17) that Metaerika is using, and that Ryuukishi never really thought that "Erika is the detective" should be interpreted as "Erika is a codename for the detective", but simply "Erika (the piece metaerika is controlling) is the detective".

So there isn't really a strong relation between your interpretation of that red and the ghosterika theory.