View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 21:27   Link #45
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Haha, not me. I'm the type that can't usually figure things out unless it's explicitly stated... I could probably watch all 650 episodes of Detective Conan and never figure out a single mystery beforehand.

And I think it kind of makes sense that the Vagans would have a screwed up, unorganized military. They do come from awful background conditions, growing up in a completely miserable, lawless environment. I would imagine them to be uncivilized, mentally unstable wrecks that would rather just follow their bloodlust than perfectly adhere to the strict sense of organization a military operation demands. I agree that we haven't seen much happen in the war that's scarring or brutal, though; so far the series just hasn't really conveyed me the heavy atmosphere and feelings of fear/vulnerability that comes along with war, it's just been robots going pew pew with their lasers and killing nameless Vagans. Some character deaths, or other forms of real loss from the war, would certainly help out.
We've already gotten some of that, last episode there were two magicians killed, this episode another 2 were killed (I'm mildly annoyed that Woolf killed the cute blue haired vagan chick). The problem is that there have been 0 deaths on Flit's side ever since don boyage got killed way back in the beginning.