Thread: Crysis
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-27, 23:39   Link #34
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Lol noobs. I finished the game after 12 straight hours of gaming right after buying it on wednesday the 14th at 2 PM Since I didn't see much feedback here, I didn't even care about coming back. Good that we're having some action here now though =)

Still, played the game on Very High settings with no AA and under DX9, solid 20-24 FPS and 2+ FPS with my GTS overclocked to 575/900. Very very playable, that much I'll tell you. I do plan on writing a review later, but now I just don't have the time for that with finals week coming up and such.

And I have to agree that the game was rather short. I was expecting it to go further, but I think the last 3-4 missions were much quicker than the first five. It did take me over an hour to go through Core, because it's one hell of a maze, I'll tell you. And between sporadic "OH SHI-"s and "WAAAH!"s, I managed to get through it without many problems ( considering I had 5 bullets in my pistol for 80% of the map ). However, you guys did hear that Crysis will actually be a trilogy, right? InCrysis has more on that. Which, to me, is extremelly awesome since I just loved this game to my heart's content.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I loved the storyline, even if it is a little fishy and has all the known cliches of the FPS genre. But really, there're 1001 ways of completing the first few missions and you can take a different route every time. I've seen a guy sleeping while the other was singing and a quick Cloak + Get back + smack you biach and then hit the other dude with your weapon throwing him back 30 feet did put a smile on my face.

I had some trouble at the lest level also, but that's a known bug and I managed to fix it on my own. I don't need to say I had the WORST headache the following day, but oh the sweet memories of Crysis were there

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote