Thread: Licensed Onegai Twins
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-26, 14:38   Link #98
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I don't think I'll ever understand people... It's not the "successor" to Teacher, it's another story that takes place in the same town... Oh well, I know what you're saying: in comparison, you liked Teacher better. If there's a third one, though, I hope you let it stand on it's own merit rather than comparing it to other shows.

And also, as an aside, one day I hope to figure out why so many people misunderstood the ending to Twins. Did it all happen too fast or something? When people read subs, do they only read every other line? If they misunderstand something, don't they go back and watch it again? It's honestly a real mystery to me...

It is the sucessor. The successor is mearly the next thing to carry on a given name.

Onegai Twins is the successor to Onegai Teacher because it was the next in the line of the Please! project. Making it the successor.

There in, if it was an independant anime. It would have been half-decent.

however, Because it was the successor [ The next in the series ] of Onegai Teacher, It was bad.

Why was it bad? Because there are certain ideals, and a certain level of story expected from such a series. And, IMHO, Onegai Twins did not live up to those ideals and story level.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote