Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-31, 15:43   Link #192
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Try using your local expectations if you're from from the USA about cultural cues in Italy, Turkey, Malaysia .... report back on the results
If people would have some clues about their own country, they wouldn't have faced that many dangers in another country. I believe, most of the countries share similar features, even in US (and even in northern parts of Europe) there might be places where you shouldn't go or wander alone. That is the same for others (for Turkey, for instance).

In many cases (at least the ones that I have heard on the news), the victim usually acts like a child, trusts the person she (since it is usually a female, I will use she) has just met. Trust has to be built through long duration relationship, not in one or two days (always there will be exceptions, such as one day trust, or 3-years of dishonesty). And, always try to meet with the people who know a lot about the person around you. That is usually a good measure (at least in Turkey), unless they are all part of a dangerous group (then you are really unlucky, at the time you understand that either escape before it gets out of control or if not, ready your mind to become sacrifice).