View Single Post
Old 2011-10-13, 23:43   Link #508
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... I kinda like the feel of the setting in this one. I agree the soundtrack is quite nice - even "haunting" in a modern synthesized way (if that makes sense), and very effective at times.
Yup, the music was beautifully done. Until Last Exile airs, GC and Fate/Zero are tied for best music of the season so far.

I like how the music gets inserted during a particular scene then changes. I especially liked how they did the OP song and the way they animated it. The fight scene towards the end and how the music builds up. Another example is when Gai starts fighting and this rock theme starts and when the battle is over, the music stops.

The music is both beautiful and haunting, like you said. It's just really done well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
First of all, I wish people would stop comparing the overall quality of this first episode to F/Z's first episode. I honestly don't see what was so great about it. Then again, as I said earlier in this thread, perhaps I only feel that way because I am not a part of the strong fanbase that is backing that show. (Not to mention that I often HATE prequels because they tend to range from poorly done to mediocre or "barely acceptable"... With a few exceptions.)

I'm also a little annoyed by people saying things like, "Oh, not another resistance group story". You people DO realize that Geass was NOT the first NOR the last to do a "revolution/guerrilla group terrorism for the benefit of the nation/purge of innocents by evil gov't or corperation" type of story, right? As cliched as it is, it makes for a fairly solid story, it's hard to go wrong with it most of the time (well, unless the show is called Fractale), and it relates to current world events. It's not going anywhere any time soon. Deal with it. (Although I will agree that the premise is similar to Code Geass; pretty girl [with powers?] empowering young male protagonist in a world where Japan is going to hell and big mechs are present type of deal.)

Now to the topic at hand... Everything was superb. The animation, the soundtrack, introduction to the state of the world/the setting, the environment and architectural designs, and even the voice acting. I know the story isn't anything revolutionary, but this is one instance where I don't care. As long as the action remains there and things don't get too stupid story-wise, this is one ride I'm definitely glad to be on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. Even if Fate/Zero's first episode was dialogue heavy and essentially an info dump, it's nothing more than a stepping stone for more interesting things to come. Fate/Zero will get better after the foundation has been laid, while Guilty Crown may get better or may get worse.

While Code Geass had a similar premise, keep in mind it wasn't the story that made Code Geass so popular, it's because of Lelouch. The show was majorly character driven.
Definitely agree with both of you. I don't think I could have said it better. Both F/Z and GC are two entirely different stories. Both are being animated by two distinctly unique and talented studios. The one difference is that F/Z has an established story.

The first few episodes may seem like exposition, but that's what I like so much about the stories from Type-Moon like F/SN and KnK. You see the groundwork of the story layered first then it builds up.
Spoiler:

I really hope they keep this up in the episodes to come. The anime with its original story shows a lot of promise already.

We have character designs by redjuice; music by supercell; and Production IG behind it. Whereas Fate/Zero approaches movie-like production value in every episode, Guilty Crown's animation is just as good. I'm still in awe just by the opening sequence and the transition between Inori singing and running. It's haunting and beautiful at the same time.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote