View Single Post
Old 2012-01-16, 00:20   Link #262
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
As for this, how is this episode anything majorly different from the style of the first Aquarion? That was a bit of a school love comedy hijinks series too, and being only at episode 3, it's rather early to be throwing around words like "cliche" to desribe the mood/setting/pace of EVOL.

On another note, how the hell did a jackass like Cayenne become the idol of the girls' campus? Or so I'd normally ask, but since the genders are seperated, it's not like they can see what he's really like. *sigh* It's always the jerks who get the most girl attention in a non-harem series.
It's a combination of:
1. Myself becoming more cynical as I age.
2. The first protagonist being nowhere near a typical wussy male harem archtype.
3. The perverted misunderstanding arc that's been recycled to death in so many different manga and anime between the time the original aired and the current Aquarion is airing.

I was merely saying, with great exaggeration, how dismayed I was when they first introduced that plotline. Then much to my delight, they did it for a joke.
---

How do people really know an idol's personality? They really don't, and it's not any different here. Jerks show confidence, independence, and rebellious qualities, all of which can charm young girls.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote