View Single Post
Old 2020-11-09, 09:24   Link #7047
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
I must say I'm a bit baffled that the Pactio system suddenly got an explanation but it's nice to see anyway. Of course it doesn't explain where artifacts come from. Early on in Negima they seemed to materialize out of nothing according to the user's destiny and potential but later on implied they were actually copies and the originals are stored in some metaphysical vault of heroes that contained artifacts from the past and future. And who made the system anyway? Ialda seems the most likely candidate considering she already has teleportation circles all over the solar system and the apparent insistence of staying on their planet and not bothering with space was one of the reasons for the downfall of the people on Venus. Does Ialda have this kind of authority and could've just messed with Negi's pactios but didn't because she's stupid?
IIRC, wasn't it implied that Ialda created the Pactio system? Fate was able to ensure that Shiori got a specific artifact, though it could be something any mage could do, since Chao also did it...

Can't deny that not dealing with the Pactios during Negima is dumb, but it could well be a exploit they came up with afterwards.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote