View Single Post
Old 2012-01-25, 20:24   Link #156
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
He was falling way behind the light novel schedule - I just dont think he would be seriously working with the anime as well when he first need to catch up with the light novels to begin with and it is light novels that are the priority in this case, not the anime. Most likely someone else did most of the planning in anime.
I don't fully understand why you are so insistent on this point both here and formerly in the Episode 3 thread. Regardless of the author's health issues, he is credited with the job. You may speculate that he didn't do all the work himself (the show does indeed have a chief writer, Shogo Yasukawa, who is writing the screenplay), but someone else isn't generally going to do the job in a different way than he would have done it and leave it credited in the original author's name. Yes, his health was/is a problem, but planning the anime's content to align with the novels is certainly a job he could easily have done, especially given how well he knows the content in the first place. So I'm not sure what is gained by insisting that he was too sick to have done the job he was credited with doing. On the contrary, I think it's most logical to assume that the job is being done in the way he would have it done, since it has his name on it. That's good enough for me.