Thread: Licensed Koi Kaze
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-03, 18:12   Link #306
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom9984 View Post
I have some questions. If Chidori went to the police about this, would they be able to do anything?

Do you think she should have went to the police? Or do you support her position of "mind your own business"?
Well, first of all, the police would have no grounds on which to "do" anything about it. Not in Japan, anyway. But also, there are a LOT of laws in Japan that are made but not enforced. They make a statement *in writing* about what they feel is right or wrong, but *in practice*, they let people get on with things themselves, which most often means that social pressure (a HUGE factor in Japanese society as we all know) achieves the right thing in the end.

It is this social pressure that Chidori was trying to put into effect. She thought that she didn't need to go to their parents, or involve co-workers or anyone else, b/c she thought it was completely obvious that she represented the consensus view of the Right Thing (tm).

In terms of this story, I am in support of Koushiro and Nanoka's love, but that does not mean that I am in favour of incest. So, do I think she should have minded her own business? No. I think it was important for Koushiro to come up against the view of society in such a harsh way. It's a test, after all.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote