View Single Post
Old 2007-10-19, 22:06   Link #26
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Title: Clannad
Rating: D
E.V.: 2
Des.: Not sure why everyone's clamming over this title, it's weaker than Kanon and most of all lame/boring (lower mark is because the blond kid is a jerk version of the side-kick from Kanon, plus some of this show feels really cheesy). Somehow, I think the denizens of AS are trying to conform their reviews to the pre-established Japanese opinion because it's cool to be Japanese, and by extension to agree with them. ._.

Title: Gundam00
Rating: C
Des.: Bishies, yuck. The Gundams look cool but there hasn't been enough fighting, and I don't care too much for the politics, ths Gundam seems a bit generic in terms of its outlook on war. Love the narrator, though. Biggest question going into it - "what is the true purpose of Celestial Being"?

Title: Ultimate Survivor Kaiji
Rating: B+
Des.: As someone said before, the mystic, supernatural tone of Akagi is lost on the rather gritty Kaiji, but by the gods it is an original series and is quite shocking from what I've read. My gripe is that the better known Yu-Gi-Oh! borrowed concepts from Kaiji so some feel Kaiji is ripping off a series inspired by it, thus, the "wow" factor has been reduced. -_-

Title: S⁴
Rating: n/a
E.V.: 0
Des.: a.k.a. "Shakugan no Shana second season". Rating pending until something actually happens. ^^;

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-10-20 at 14:00. Reason: never mind, situation changed. New post pending.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote