View Single Post
Old 2008-05-26, 10:25   Link #289
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Humm... It is quite difficult to really consider if "doing so will be enough for these Otaku".
Considering the information given for EX, I believe that the marketing ploy is more difficult than what it seems to be.

If using the erotic side would be enough, I think Key wouldn't bother with the retcon of many girls scenarios. They show they are aware that several original scenarios were really lacklusters. IMHO, I think that if it was just a dumb stance for "resolving about that for these pitiful fans", they would barely do anything and just adding these "non get-able girls" etc.

I think it is actually a more difficult way, as they have to make the scenes having some "sense" and timing (mind you, they sure can drop random ero scene just like Utawarerumono *COUGH*). If they were doing some spin off such like Tomoyo After for Clannad, it would be far more noticeable.
To me, I believe that a remake of a game is anything but profitable, as there are much more risks than doing a sequel/spin off.
That is to say, we need to see the content and "updates", but if it is like Tomoyo After, I don't think Key lost their "touch" there, even if their stories don't really need these ero scenes (especially Kanon and Air).