View Single Post
Old 2006-04-17, 22:04   Link #300
akaichou

Smile

Series:

1. Kareshi Kanojyo no Jijyo - High school romance/comedy. It does a good job of telling a story about characters just trying to find themselves and be honest with eachother.
2. Hikaru no Go - I loved the character development in this one. The last episodes + special were especially good because you felt like you watched Hikaru grow up.
3. Basara - Pretty moving story with great plots and characters. The two main characters live two different lives where they either love eachother or want revenge against eachother. Sigh... I wish it didn't end after 13 eps.
4. Rurouni Kenshin - It's a good mix of action, romance, comedy... enjoyable without being too serious. Light-hearted and fun without losing too much substance.
5. Fruits Basket - It really does warm the heart. I've watched and re-watched this series more than any other.

Movies: (Yes, I'm a big Ghibli Fan)

1. Mimi o Sumaseba (Whisper of the Heart)
2. Umi ga Kikoeru (I can Hear the Sea)
3. Hoshi no Koe (Voices of a Distant Star)
4. Mononoke-Hime (Princess Mononoke)
5. Nausicaa

Here are some that aren't in my top, but I feel like mentioning:

Read or Die - The three ep series was awesome.
Maizon Ikkoku - One of the first ones I saw... really wacky characters. It's Rumiko Takahashi at her best. Kinda old, but definitely good.
Marmalade Boy - My first... and will thus always have a place in my heart. Back in the days of Tomodachi Anime. Too many love triangles to count.
Slam Dunk - Another fun one... Rukawa is such a hottie... ^^;
Ashita no Nadja - A fairly girlie one... but another heart-warmer.
Cowboy Bebop - It's just good.
Angelic Layer - Amazingly, I think this is the most "normal" Clamp-based anime I've seen...
akaichou is offline   Reply With Quote