View Single Post
Old 2011-11-10, 21:20   Link #211
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 58: Targeted Honor Students! Blossomon's Smile

To me this episode is worth rewatching over and over and many times I like.

I feel this particular episode is successful, because whether or not it was intentional a sort of potential chemistry could be stirred up between Miho and Yuu. Of course, Miho was just attracted to Yuu's jealousy of Tagiru playing with Gumdramon, because she was reeking of jealousy herself and let to become one with Blossomon.
This union of sorts enhanced her senses; maybe her sense of smell got too enhanced, that she practically could smell Yuu's jealousy for over a mile.

A second factor that makes it work is how Yuu misses Damemon. Since I started the second show, it's been four consecutive episodes since little dame, dame has yet to show-up. After all, in the last fight against Baguramon all good Digimon made it back except for Damemon.
Yuu's reaction for both regret and miss was portrayed very personal and spontaneous, and not just realistic; I was able to empathize with him and got immersed in Yuus' shoes.

Probably, the only flaw was that the appearances of the Digimon Hunters as the "seemingly" antagonists of the week looks too mechanical and predictable.

A special note to observe is that season seven, for the time being at least, expands from the same themes explored previously in Data Squad, although Tamers established the issue to a minor degree, first.

Digimon getting drawn towards humans due to the latter exhibiting particularly, dangerous obsessions and frustrated feelings. Although this current season elevates the stakes higher with the human victim/culprit actually longing subconsciously for the Digimon's power and letting it into himself or herself.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote