View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 06:14   Link #2934
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I can't say much about Jpop, but for Kpop there are plenty of articles about how bad it is. Like This, This, This, This, or this video documentary.
I'll be blunt: I see nothing fundamentally wrong with those contracts except they might not be socially acceptable and inefficient investing. Furthermore, while we do have the issue of having minors sign contracts, I find that the potential abuse from exploiting those of majority age when they attempt to break into the idol industry to be of greater threat.

Of course, the fact that I run myself pretty harsh might taint my views, but I have to ask this fundamental question: What industry is NOT like this, supposing things are as bad as some of the less sensational news providers say they are? The way I see it is that people are only focusing on the visible targets while ignoring the everyday abuses that happens everywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
For what it's worth, according to this article, AKB48's contract is probably illegal.
Ah yes, the social justification condition. I can't believe that a professor of constitutional and labor law can actually make the mistake of using a personal opinion and attempting to use an irrelevant court ruling to justify that personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Hey, I was merely asking how much truth exist in there, not that I'm asserting it.
Nah, I didn't mean it in a negative sense. Just surprised you would bring that topic up when we're having a small tempest in the thread.

Quote:
How serious is serious then? The reason I felt that dating=sex isn't all that far from truth is that the act of dating itself can be considered a somewhat serious relationship there.
You've basically hit the target. Unless both parties know it's supposed to not be serious, a relationship is supposed to be serious.

Quote:
As a note, I'm asking this because I just recently read molester man and there the protagonist seems to imply that history of dating=history of sex.
I would need to read it before coming to any conclusions, since I don't know what kind of person the protagonist is.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote