View Single Post
Old 2007-12-09, 22:56   Link #1629
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I am a big visual novel fan, although having only high school level Japanese doesn't really help at playing visual novels (most high schools have Japanese as a subject here) so I can only play the ones that have been translated already. I have already played through quite a few VNs in the past (FSN, Ever17, Air and a few more) and I really enjoyed all of them. To be honest, I enjoyed reading these novels more than watching some of the best animes out there. It's too bad that most of my friends don't like these games.

The last game I finished was Symphonic Rain, which definitely ranks as one of the best VNs I have played. I loved the songs so much that I even imported both Rainbow vocal album and For RITZ from CDJapan. Even my mum who doesn't listen to Japanese songs often enjoyed several of the songs from the vocal album.

Right now I'm going through One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e. So far I have already finished Nagamori, Nanase, Satomura and Misaki routes (my favourite is Misaki's route by far). I am still thinking of whether I will start on Mio or Shiina route next (still haven't met Shiina after having completed four routes).

After I'm done with One, I still have the following visual novels to go through:
Planetarian
Kana Little Sister
Utawareumono
Saya no Uta
Kanon
Hourglass of Summer

I seriously have no idea which one to start on next. Also I only play VN for about 1-2 hours a night so it will be a while until I can finish everything.
hehehe your my kind of person then ^^ i find myself playing VN's for a couple hours a night and i agree with you on that alot of visual novels are more enjoyable to play than to watch anime ^^ You wait till you get to Kanon i believe you will thourghly enjoy that one, and if your into short visual novels with an engaging storyline might i suggest you watch A midsummers day Resonance. Also i dont believe i have played Symphonic Rain can u give me a couple details on it? i wouldnt mind playing it if you gave it such a high review
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote