View Single Post
Old 2007-12-10, 06:10   Link #1640
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I am a big visual novel fan, although having only high school level Japanese doesn't really help at playing visual novels (most high schools have Japanese as a subject here) so I can only play the ones that have been translated already. I have already played through quite a few VNs in the past (FSN, Ever17, Air and a few more) and I really enjoyed all of them. To be honest, I enjoyed reading these novels more than watching some of the best animes out there. It's too bad that most of my friends don't like these games.

The last game I finished was Symphonic Rain, which definitely ranks as one of the best VNs I have played. I loved the songs so much that I even imported both Rainbow vocal album and For RITZ from CDJapan. Even my mum who doesn't listen to Japanese songs often enjoyed several of the songs from the vocal album.

Right now I'm going through One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e. So far I have already finished Nagamori, Nanase, Satomura and Misaki routes (my favourite is Misaki's route by far). I am still thinking of whether I will start on Mio or Shiina route next (still haven't met Shiina after having completed four routes).

After I'm done with One, I still have the following visual novels to go through:
Planetarian
Kana Little Sister
Utawareumono
Saya no Uta
Kanon
Hourglass of Summer

I seriously have no idea which one to start on next. Also I only play VN for about 1-2 hours a night so it will be a while until I can finish everything.
Eh, I don't want to be technical here... but at least try to differentiate between Visual Novels (VN) and Adventure Games (ADV).

Games like Symphonic Rain are not VNs, especially when they involve parts that actually are playable (eg. the parts where you play music). And it's not even an erogame.

And you had to remind me of Symphonic Rain. The singer/songer writer for the game was Okazaki Ritsuko. I love her music so much. But she had to pass away 3 years ago... May she rest in peace... while I yearn for her lost music...
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote