View Single Post
Old 2018-09-29, 12:06   Link #20
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I have had HirouKeimou blocked for like a year since they don't argue in good faith. Nor are they interested in facts and I don't feel like feeding either the trolls or the fandom stans. Apparently they complained about my grammar, of all things. Wow. Way to prove my point. Also, complaining about grammar and/or phrasing on a forum like this one, of all places. Holy cow. Aaaaanyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessabyss View Post
Well, charles883 sort of did --if not, started the conversation. From what gather was a simply a explanation/provided context on charles883's claim about the NUNS officer being corrupted from the TV series.
Yup. I don't mind that some people liked Delta, but posting blatantly untrue crap and moving the goal posts (ie. "stop obsessing over Frontier") is where I feel like having someone chime in and correcting people on the timeline is fine. I have the entire series as proof.
If you have interviews, manga and other materials to add to support your argument, then do that. But also understand that a lot of people will not take that stuff into account. And here's why. Frontier got enough people hyped and questioning the subtext and the unanswered questions. Delta did not. The timeline paints the Wind as space nazis. No supplementary material will change this.
As a side note, a lot of people don't care about the Frontier supplementary stuff either. Just saying.
The problem Delta has is that it is an incredibly flat story with 1D characters. There is nothing to explain. Sure, if you really want to stretch it you can go back to the Wind manga and have the ariel knights angst as kids. Still doesn't change the fact that Wind started a war because the NUNS wanted them to stop supplying god knows who with material for weapons of mass destruction. The wind are space nazis. Sorry, boo.

Last edited by Matts; 2018-09-29 at 12:25.
Matts is offline   Reply With Quote