View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 14:22   Link #79
Maerskian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
The relationship between between Shinkuro and Murasaki is definitely the focus (though it does branch out a bit).
Glad to know ; i still need to watch more eps as i'm stalled right now ( lack of spare time lately ) but this definitely encourages me, thanks ;-)

Quote:
I can't remember a love triangle. In fact, I can't even remember a romance (except as sidlenes of the supporting staff, adding to characterisation). But it's been a while, and I might be selectively forgetting.
Well, i should 've pointed out that is just the slightest archetype... just two female classmates doing a couple of "stereotypical/copy-paste love triangle oriented" random scenes here & there... it's just that i'm too picky with copy-paste scenes like these since 've watched the same thing like a zillion times LOL !

Quote:
Heh.
Yep, however i look at it... you nailed it. It's a strange feeling.... i'm perfectly aware that this is far from being the best comedy show... but on the other hand, whenever i have a moment, and just can treat myself to 1/2 episodes max. .... i end up going for either "Kill me baby" or "Astro Fighter Sunred" ( almost finishing the 2nd season btw )

THIS !
Quote:
Maybe grab a hold of last seasons Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. Postapocalyptic comedy with faeries (yousei). Impossible to tell whether you'll like it; there's nothing quite like it out there.
Just checked the name at AniDB and read some comments ... and already thought to myself that i HAD TO check it ASAP.... then i saw horrible-subs did it so grabbed the whole show already .

Thanks once again !! Not sure how you do it, but whether i like it or not at the end of the show, this is another title i would definitely love to check.... and already started with my hopes skyrocketing fueled by anidb comments pointing towards a kinda slice-of-life show with many black humour/criticism touchs here & there plus some weird atmosphere; definitely my kind ... "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" crossed my mind at this point, although wasn't expecting something as .... wild .

Episode one started .... way too genle considering what i had on mind ( i know, i know... ), even cheesy at times, i even disliked the main seiyuu's voice/delivery in the beginning ... also was initially disappointed with the fairies as i was expecting something else..... but, as the episode reached its half, it improved quite a lot, and even took a liking to the seiyuu's voice at some point... and even helped me look at fairies from a different perspective. The end of the first ep left me screaming ( not literally ) for more . Basically, the best elements are shown on the 2nd half ... although not sure if i should expect this type of social criticism analogies mixed with comedy often or if i'm raising my hopes too high & too soon once again....

Next episode was ok, although lacked the slight climax from the first ep, more like a transitional episode to conclude what was already shown earlier.

Not sure what to expect from now on, but can't deny i'm pretty pumped about it... as this is probably one of the few animes i still don't know how good/bad can be after 2 whole eps.... and that's quite rare, specially nowadays .
Maerskian is offline   Reply With Quote