View Single Post
Old 2009-02-11, 15:29   Link #94
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Nah, true, I'm talking about home user experience, businesses can't just upgrade everything every 3 years without tangible benefits, that would be ridiculous and a waste of capital, not to mention either having to check application compatibility or upgrade the application itself, but upgrading the applications is unproductive, and at worse, you'd have to re-train your employees, another waste of hours. While small businesses just MIGHT be able to pull that, there's the hardware issue, too, and unless businesses can increase production and profit from the whole soft+hard upgrade, there's no point doing that, unless the system is practically falling apart. Plus, there's really no point for all the whistles and Aero things in a business environment, true (although I bet the employees themselves might disagree). It IS a waste using resources of a system that could otherwise deliver in a business setting in order to have worthless transparent windows flying around. I wouldn't want to have to buy new equipment and watch my employees play with the eye candy.

However, in defense to Microsoft, MS is a business, too, not a charitable institution, it can't support Win 98, 2000, or whatever Windows corporations seem stuck to indefinitely, unless the corporations in question are willing to have license subscription and support subscription. Otherwise its using its own resources without profit, which is retarded for a corporation and it has to stop at some point.

However, as far as the home user population is concerned, I still stand by my opinion that it's still mostly FUD, besides the over-inflated price.

Last edited by npal; 2009-02-12 at 06:33.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote