View Single Post
Old 2010-10-04, 11:02   Link #71
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yep. Another argument against a re-make. With the way anime shows are going nowadays, he'd probably end up in a polygamic triangle like Justavisitor is always going on about.
That did bother me in Frontier, that neither was chosen.

I do think that Hikaru made the right choice. You of course feel bad for Minmay, but what happened, happened. It's a good thing they didn't show Minmay thinking of Hikaru as she taught the Zentradi, it would have hurt even more. And it did hurt. I felt bad for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Sure, that's a reason. But it's also a stunningly beautiful and well-animated movie in its own right. To condemn it as wholly mercenary is to ignore all of the serious effort and love that went into making it.
Yeah, that's why I said that part makes me think, but the other effort put in dissolves that thought. The animation was superb for it's time, from the action to the landscapes.

Quote:
Pretty much (except for that whole, "I'll let everyone die rather than sing that song that THAT WOMAN found!" bit. That was a spectacularly dumb moment for Minmay).
It may have been dumb, but you can see why she said that. She was upset. Her heart was broken. The man who gave her hope as she was held captive was taken away by another woman. Think about it.

Quote:
You mean APART from the fact that Misa "put out" when they were on earth...?
Yeah, I picked up on her putting on her coat as they walked out. Always funny when they hint it like that.