View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 06:46   Link #192
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
But I have to disagree with your idea of the pause. I dropped bleach completely because neither manga nor anime were interesting enough to make me watch/read it on... for Naruto, even though I continue to follow the manga, I dropped the anime because of FILLERS. Of those "big 3 shonen-fighting-manga" only One Piece manages to make me follow both the manga and anime. I mean got Naruto maybe around 200 episodes or more of filler episodes, while One Piece is probably under 50. The idea of adding a few extra scenes and stretching the episodes has IMO paid off. The only negative point I see is that fillers can be mostly SKIPPED, which is not possible with the stretched/extra scenes. But overall I still prefer the way the One Piece anime team handles it.
I believe in the pause. To me, the One Piece manga is one of the best out there, far above naruto and bleach. But the way they adapt it to the anime, it suffers from serious pacing issues and ruins the anime as a whole. One Piece is always interesting and the anime doesn't suffer from too many fillers but god it's so slow sometimes. The whitebeard war is a good example of this. Apart from the climax, the most I can remember about it is Luffy running, episode after episode.