View Single Post
Old 2009-06-15, 00:15   Link #945
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

This weekend, the Vancouver Convention Center hosted Anime Evolution 2009. Of course, yours truly spent so much time walking around taking photos that he actually had to tape his heels on the last day because he was starting to get blisters. The following is a selection of my favourite photos, resized for web posting but otherwise untouched. Due to the sheer number of photos that I intend to post (probably around 50), I won't be posting them all at once.

Let's start with the Soul Eater cosplays.

I personally think the last shot is overexposed - I had the camera set to spot mode to prevent the camera from using the background rather than Chrona to set the shutter speed, and I think the black closing caused it to go for broke with the exposure. But I like the dramatic lighting even when overdone.

CC with downtown Vancouver in the background. Probably the single picture I'm most proud of from the convention since the subject and background are both properly lit. Again, metering was set to "spot".

When I saw this one, I HAD to get a picture. Nothing to make an anime convention quite like seeing Jesus and a bunny girl eating lunch together at the food court.

And to finish off with, some Mio. I was told by one of the Mios that there were three Mios at the con... I only remember finding these two.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote