View Single Post
Old 2010-08-05, 08:46   Link #1013
Suomi
Kaiba

I think that there are definite NaruSaku possibilities.
Sasuke, let's face it, is never going to come back. I think Sakura is starting to perhaps develop some feelings for naruto that run deeper than friendship, but part of her still loves Sasuke (or at least the part of him that was lost) and is rebelling against feelings for Naruto. As for her confession I think it had to do with the fact that she cares for naruto period and can't fathom him getting hurt badly, or worse, killed. She lost Sasuke, and doesn't want to lose another team member. She also sees Naruto's dream of being Hokage, his determination to find Sasuke (though now I think it's more about trying to reach Sasuke, realizing that Sasuke is never coming back.) and his unbreakable will, his ninja way and determination to never give up with which he attacks everything, and his passion for life (not just his, but life period-e.g. the fight with Pein/Nagato, his admiration of those like Minato, Jiraiya, etc) and, as we've already seen, admires him, but I think it is also beginning to attract her to him. Her care for him runs deep, as does his for her, and I think their pairing is likely. (also, see the parallels with Minato/Kushina)

Oh, and the reason she couldn't kill sasuke I would say is because like I said she still has some trace of feeling for him, and also she knows Naruto desperately doesn't want Sasuke to be killed (see the scene in the Gokage Summit Arc when Kakashi, Yamato and everyone are breaking the news to him).